Monday, September 22, 2014

CigarAsh’s Review of Victor Sinclair’s Vintage Doppel Gordo cigar


Victor Sinclair’s Vintage Doppel Gordo cigar

Origins: Dominican Republic

Wrapper: Brazilian

Filler: Nicaraguan and Dominican

Strength: Medium

Size & Shape: Gordo 6 x 70

Box Pressed

 What can I say about this cigar? I say please pass this offering from Victor Sinclair bye. This would be so far the only blemish on an otherwise good cigar line.

  I bought a bundle of these along with Smokehouse Brown (Also of the Cigar Stop Blog) and it was a triple threat, they burn bad, they taste like yard clippings from your lawn mower and a Box Press on a Gordo is just foolish the cigar is large as it is why make it an awkward shape. Putting this thing in your mouth is like putting your television remote in your mouth! The Cigar is almost bigger than a U.S. Quarter.


 

  Some cigar smokers love them, but I don’t get it. Out of the 20 only 4 did not canoe on me, the smoke was heavy and not appealing at all, the ash was flaky so any breeze at all and you are covered with cigar ash, and the taste was that of dirt and very gritty. I smoked all that I had, but one just to see if I would change my mind and guess what? I didn’t, in fact the one I gave away for someone else to try, said he did not like the flavor the size and that it burned only on one side (it Canoed) and he had to keep lighting the other side to make it burn even.
 

 So there ya go 3 of us that did not like them, but as I have said before this is only my personal opinion on them, I am just a regular guy that likes cigars and I am no expert nor do I represent any manufacturer, company or website. If you try one please let us know here at the Cigar Stop know what your thoughts are on them.

 I rate this Cigar a 1 out of 10

See you next time

B.T.O.L.

~CigarAsh~

No comments:

Post a Comment