Monday, September 1, 2014

CigarAsh Reviews The Black Ops Maduro Cigar


Black Ops – Maduro

Origin: Nicaragua

Fillers: Nicaragua

Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf, Maduro

Strength: Medium-Full

 

 Gurkha Cigars came up with the Black Ops brand about 2 years ago and since then it has increased its offerings to 3 (Connecticut, Habano and Maduro) and has really gained in popularity and pushed its way to the forefront of the Bargain Bundles sales and giving stiff completion to Puros Indios and other brands.
 

 Today we are focusing on the Maduro. The Maduro offering is nice it starts off a bit peppery and finishes smooth with an espresso flavor and notes of sweetness with a touch of honey and chocolate. For me I don’t get the Honey or the Chocolate finish, however it does get smooth after a bit, I do have to say you get the spice from the peppery blending of all Nicaraguan binder and fillers tobaccos and the Maduro wrapper. It also has a heavy smoke so it is best for a less active occasion for smoking.

 I like this one and I would never say no to it and it goes great with a whiskey, but it would not be my pick for an everyday cigar. I think the Habano blend is far superior to the Maduro, but please try them for yourself and you tell me what you think. Also I have found the brand to have a few too many veins in the wrapper leafs and that is a shame due to the fact it can inhibit the burn and the flavor.

 On the Cigar Stop Rating Scale this one gets a 5 ½ above average and a nice smoke.

See you next time

B.O.T.L

~Cigar Ash~

No comments:

Post a Comment