Monday, September 8, 2014

Cigar Ash’s Review of the 5 Vegas Gold

             5 Vegas Gold


Size: 5 x 50

Shape: Robusto

Binder: Honduran

Filler: Honduran

Wrapper: Ecuador Connecticut

Origin: Honduras

Strength: mild to medium

 I find that I am always satisfied with all the 5 Vegas line of cigars, and this one was no exception.

  The Gold series has excellent construction, had no blemishes on the wrappers. I smoked 5 of these and found them all consistently burning even without hot spots or canoeing of any kind. The flavor was light and the aroma was just as light with a mellow soft scent. The ash was solid and light gray, no flaking at all.
 

 I love my Oscuro and Maduro wrapper cigars and I was not sure how I was going to react to the flavor and feel of a Natural wrapper, however I had this particular one right after a heavy meal and it was the perfect topper to the experience. The Fillers themselves have been aged for 5 years and creates a nice mild leathery and woody taste that just relaxes your whole body.

 A box will set you between $60.00 and $80.00, defiantly not one of our budget bundles we usually review here at the Cigar Stop, but I can tell you they are well worth the asking price. The other good thing about the Gold series is that several dealers and companies offer them as singles and or sampler packs of 5 and 10 counts. There is also a 5 Vegas Sampler where you can try almost their complete line.
 

 I will be giving this one a high rating of 8 out of 10 for flavor, construction and taste.

See you next time

B.T.O.L.

~CigarAsh~

No comments:

Post a Comment