Monday, August 18, 2014

CigarAsh reviews the 1876 Reserve


1876 Reserve

Origins: Dominican Republic

Filler: Dominican

Wrapper: Connecticut

Binder: Sumatra

Size: 6 x 50

Shape: Toro

Strength: Mild

 Here is another one from the Budget Bundle Brigade. It’s the 1876 Reserve; this one is going to be short and to the point ….DON’T Do IT!
 

This is a very Mild Dominican and by very mild I am saying it is like smoking air! They come in a Bundle of 20 and in one catalog I have seen them listed as a “2fer” 2 bundles for between $49.99 and $59.99. They are about a buck a stick and they taste like you should get change back from your dollar.

 Despite them being handmade with 100% long leaf filler the ash is flakey so it is all over you when you smoke, the feel to the wrapper is smooth to the touch, but feels as light as they taste and it is so bland looking it should be over looked!

I have gone to great lengths for you my loyal readers I bought a bundle of Robusto’s 5x50 and a Bundle of Toro’s 6 x 50 and let me just say That if my wife reads this and sees how crappy I say they are and that I bought more than one bundle she may reduce my cigar fund.
 

The only people who should smoke these truly bad boys of the Budget Bundle Brigade are the folks that are just starting out smoking cigars because they are inexpensive, not harsh and it will show them what not to buy ever again.

This one rates 1 out of 10

Thanks for reading – Remember keep your Cigars moist.
B.O.T.L.

CigarAsh14

P.S. They have a Maduro version of this cigar now and it isn’t any better than its predecessor.

No comments:

Post a Comment