Tuesday, July 29, 2014

No rest for the wicked…


To rest or chew that is the question for many of us. I was told and taught by the powers that be that a cigar should rest between puff, in an ash tray, that way it doesn’t get to hot or bitter, or even so moist that it falls apart or goes out.

 However me being the average Joe cigar smoker, I usually just hold mine or keep it in my mouth. The brands and lines of cigars I smoke are affordable so that it doesn’t matter if it rests between puffs or not. I can’t afford to be smoking $200.00 to $300.00 boxes of cigars, so the case for resting my cigars is moot.

I have seen many amusing rest stops for cigars. Between the Pickets of a stockade fence, on the brick foundation of a bar, the rail of a fence and one time on my refrigerator door handle (that fat bastard). So I guess whether you use an ash tray and rest your cigars is a personal preference, do I have them yes, do I use them occasionally, would I use them if I smoke very, very expensive cigars? You bet your ash! there would be a cigar in every room resting in an ash tray because if I could smoke cigars that were that expensive I would be rich and would have nothing better to do than sit in every room of my domain and smoke and rest my cigars everywhere.

So I say to you, you upstart cigar Aficionados that push your cigar etiquette on others I will rest no cigar before its time…There is No rest for the wicked.  

This blog entry was inspired by a Fellow Cigar smoker who thinks that he knows what is better for your cigars and us as cigar smokers to the point of annoyance. It is all about enjoying cigars not being chastised because we do not stop and let our cigars rest, cigar Nazi.

Happy Smoking

 B.O.T.L.

~Cigar Ash~

No comments:

Post a Comment