Monday, September 14, 2015

Cuban sandwich it’s not just a great meal




So as of late I am sure some of you have seen the trend and term of the “Cuban Sandwich” and it is not referring to that delicious meal.
Cuban sandwich refers to the filler in the cigar that makes up its body. For years long filler has been the term associated with handmade cigars, and short fillers or chop/short fillers were use to produce machine made cigars or very cheap cigars.

Well it would seem as of late more and more cigar factories have been producing cigars coined with  the term “Cuban sandwich” which is the short filler leaves inside and the long filler leafs wrapped around the outside of them.
I myself am not a fan of this particular sandwich and would like to put myself on a diet and stay away from it, but it is becoming common now. A couple reasons I am not a fan of short fillers are that it makes a mess when you smoke them. The ash is flaky and has a tendency to fall all over you and whatever you have near you, your car, desk, chair est. another down side is that it will have hot spots and could canoe on you (canoeing is when the cigar burn up the side and not even to look like a canoe). No matter what they tell you a Cuban sandwich is no different than using chop fillers and short fillers. Just because you wrap long leaves around them, it will not change how they burn (my opinion). You can mask a fart, but it is still a fart!
  I am without proof, but I am sure that most of the factories are producing Cuban sandwich style cigars to save money, but I have to be honest when they start losing momentum as cigar enthusiast realize that their cigars are being made cheaply and the price tag has not gone down near enough to warrant this practice they will need to drop the price, smarten up and change their ways. I hope. 


 With the Cuban embargo in a fragile state and trade beginning to open up I would be maneuvering myself to making a quality product and establish consumer friendly cigars and relationships, because let’s face it when free trade with Cuba starts, Cuban cigars will flood the market and for however brief or long the competition will be fierce.
This entry is all my own opinion and supported by a few decades of smoking cigars, check into things for yourself try a few Cuban sandwich cigars and judge them against the long leaf fillers and come to your own conclusions. Feel different about it or agree with this entry, drop me a line at CigarAsh@yahoo.com or post here on the Cigar Stop blog, I welcome your thoughts.
Until next time …



 

No comments:

Post a Comment